Japan: The Earth Moved

April 15, 2007

Australia, for the most part, does not have earthquakes. Japan does. So, it is with much pleasure that I announce that I sat through my first 2.0 earthquake this morning. Funnily (and scarily) enough, it happened while I was on the toilet. As I sat there thinking, I began to sway side-to-side. Of course, at that stage I was not aware of how strong (or in this case, subtle) this quake would be, but I knew that I did not want to be in the toilet should things reach crisis stage. I finished up and got out as the quake ended.

I went into the living room and told my wife and sister-in-law. They both said they didn't notice.
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

No comments: