Japan: A New Era

June 30, 2007

I'm now officially off cola and alcohol. I've been feeling sick after drinking both during the past week (especially after the delicious yakiniku onThursday night). Frankly, I'd just rather not feel ill in the stomach. I won't miss alcohol so much, as I was never a big fan anyway, but cola will be remembered fondly. You can't really beat a burger-fries-coke combination.

This morning, I went down to the YWCA to sit a placement test for a free Japanese intenstive course next month. I think I did alright, maybe 30-40%. I only answered the questions I knew and left the rest (though I did guess a couple). I figured I should not try and guess every question, because if I happened to get lucky and be correct, it would make the teachers think I was better than I actually am. Better to be accurate than out of my depth.

It's summer here now, and it is hot and humid. My skin is constantly sticky.
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go boy...I'm proud of you for giving it a go. You can only get better from here!!!

I saw the link...I reckon this can be fun for you...heaps of interaction with the locals...
http://www.kobe.ywca.or.jp/katudou/volanteer/bosyu.htm

Good luck with the intensive course!!!

D