Japan: The Great Dictionary Race

April 01, 2007

After deciding not to buy a real Japanese electronic dictionary (and purchasing the Nintendo DS dictionary instead), I was intending to buy a paper dictionary. Going paper meant that I had access to romaji, which would allow me to pronounce Japanese (and especially kanji) easier and faster.

However, now I have decided that paper is dead and I'm going back to the future. My plan is to buy a PDA and load it with the free EDIT dictionary, which unlike all Japanese electronic dictionaries (including DS), was written for English people. Much to my surprise, PDAs are really hard to find here in Kobe; so I'll be going to Den-Den Town Osaka to complete my quest.
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

No comments: