RG2 Production Report 3

April 07, 2005

Here's the situation - I finished doing a rough edit of RG2 and realized that it wasn't very good. That is to say, the film wasn't doing what I thought it was going to do. I couldn't quite figure out what the problem was.

It was then that my number 2 girl Kate shone a light on my problem:
THUYEN: "I think the film's not very good."
GARTH: "Really?"
KATE: "What film is this?"
THUYEN: "Retrenchment Game 2"
KATE: "Isn't it just about killing people?"

Ah yes, isn't it just. I thought it would be cool to learn more about the characters and the backstory. But after watching my rough edit, I realized that it isn't cool - it's kinda boring. The spirit of RG isn't about talkie-talkie - it's about action and killing.

So, back to the drawing board. I'll salvage what I can from the footage I've already got, but expect a completely new change...
  • Stumble This
  • Fav This With Technorati
  • Add To Del.icio.us
  • Digg This
  • Add To Facebook
  • Add To Yahoo

No comments: